There are few things that make us happier than stats and numbers! We like to know that what we’re working on is based on hard facts with plenty of evidence. The problem was that when we worked on local projects there wasn’t enough data for us to work with. That’s why at the end of 2014 we decided to carry out a Digital Marketing Survey based solely on Maltese Businesses and Malta’s marketing landscape. You can read the full report here, but we thought we’d go the extra mile and give you our top ten findings – all ready for you to tweet!
1. 67% of Maltese business owners agree that social media is important to them >Tweet this<
While certainly a great step in the right direction, it’s interesting that 33% don’t give social media that much importance. This makes us question what their relationship with their clientele is like. If people are wondering why they should bother going social perhaps they should read this!
2. 77% of Maltese Businesses use Facebook as their primary social platform >Tweet this<
In Malta Facebook has always been one of the most popular social media platforms, so it’s no wonder that many businesses would use Facebook as their primary means of reaching customers. However there’s a big difference between simply using Facebook, and using it effectively! Why not go through our guide to using Facebook for business to refresh your memory.
3. 5% of Maltese Businesses still have no website >Tweet this<
It’s 2015 – what are these businesses waiting for? With people carrying out many searches for businesses online a website is an asset. These days having an effective website really isn’t that hard – in fact it’s all about simplicity!
4. 56% of Maltese Businesses do not have a responsive website >Tweet this<
We’ve harped on about this plenty of times, but with Google having recently announced that non responsive websites will be penalised, we cannot help but keep stressing it. Check out our ten reasons why you need a responsive website asap!
5. 72% of Maltese Businesses issue a regular newsletter >Tweet this<
Newsletters allow you to get right into someone’s inbox, and with an ROI of around 4,300% (according to the Direct Marketing Association) they’re highly cost effective. Check out how to growthhack your e-mail campaign.
6. 7% of Maltese Businesses spent their entire budget on online marketing >Tweet this<
One of the best things about online marketing is that when done right it can be highly cost effective! With so many people spending so much time online it’s important to invest in good digital marketing.
7. In 2015 64% of Maltese Businesses will spend more money online >Tweet this<
With Q1 almost over it’s time to look back and analyse your 2015 marketing strategy. How did you spend your money, did it work for you? Keep ahead of your marketing strategy to ensure that you remain in the game!
8. In 2015 52% of Maltese Businesses will shift a higher percentage of their spend ratio to online marketing >Tweet this<
This shows that apart from choosing to spend more money online just because companies have a bigger budget, slightly more than half are choosing to shift the ratios, investing more money in online marketing. Clearly, businesses are starting to realise the cost effective rewards of digital marketing!
9. In 2015 93% of Maltese Businesses plan on tracking their results more than they did in 2014 >Tweet this<
Tracking results allows you to know whether your strategy is profitable or not. Digital marketing is advantageous because you can often get a very clear picture of where your money went and what worked and didn’t. No wonder more people want to track their results! If you find Google Analytics confusing check out our simplified guide.
10. In 2015 87% of Maltese Businesses plan on increasing their social media presence >Tweet this<
As seen before, Facebook is the most popular social media platform in Malta, however never be afraid to branch out and explore different platforms which might work with different audiences!